Connect with us
Nick Woltemade Joins Newcastle In Club-Record Transfer From Stuttgart Nick Woltemade Joins Newcastle In Club-Record Transfer From Stuttgart

Premier League

Nick Woltemade Joins Newcastle In Club-Record Transfer From Stuttgart

Published

on

‎Newcastle United have completed the signing of forward Nick Woltemade from Stuttgart in a club-record deal.

‎Sportxparte reported on Friday that Newcastle reached an agreement with Stuttgart, featuring an initial fee of €75 million (£65 million; $87.6 million) plus €5 million (£4.3 million; $5.8 million) in potential add-ons. The transfer marks Newcastle’s record expenditure for a single player.

‎Newcastle confirmed the arrival on Saturday, with the 23-year-old signing a “long-term” contract at St James’ Park.

‎“From the first contact, I felt like the club really wanted me and had big plans for me,” Woltemade said.

‎“It’s a big step in my life to leave Germany, but everybody has welcomed me so well, and it already feels like family. I have a really good feeling from speaking to the head coach that this is the right place for me to find my best level.”

Read Also  Paul Pogba Completes Doping Suspension, Sets Sights On Football Return

‎Bayern Munich submitted three bids for Woltemade this summer, all of which were rejected by Stuttgart.

‎Woltemade had an impressive 2024-25 season with Stuttgart, scoring 17 goals in 33 appearances.

‎He was the top scorer at this summer’s European Under-21 Championship for Germany, with six goals.

‎“We’re delighted to get Nick’s signing over the line so quickly,” Newcastle head coach Eddie Howe added.

‎“He fits the profile for exactly what we have been looking to add to our attacking options.

‎“He’s strong in a lot of areas, he has great technical ability, and has proven himself to be a real threat in one of Europe’s top leagues, but he’s also still at an age where he has plenty of room to develop and grow here.”

Read Also  Mateta Eyes Comeback Against Fulham After Horror Injury

‎What does the signing mean for Isak

‎Newcastle’s signing of the Germany international comes amid uncertainty on the future of Alexander Isak, who has not featured for Eddie Howe’s side this season.

‎Isak attempted to force an exit with an incendiary social media statement last week claiming “promises” had been “broken” by Newcastle and “the relationship can’t continue”.

‎Liverpool previously failed with a £110 million ($149 million) bid for the striker on August 1, with Newcastle standing firm that he is not for sale.

‎Newcastle had already been active in the striker market after Callum Wilson’s departure on a free transfer. They have had bids rejected for Wolverhampton Wanderers’ Jørgen Strand Larsen, who has told his club he wants to leave.

Read Also  EPL: Liverpool Overpowers Tottenham Hotspur at Anfield

‎Newcastle also pursued Yoane Wissa, Hugo Ekitike, Bryan Mbeumo, Liam Delap, and Joao Pedro during the window.